29 October 2013

Nemmera ARV Conversions

I've finished most if not all of the work on my Nemmera armored recovery vehicles. These vehicles do exist today but I think they are in prototype stages. They are based on the Merkava MkIII chassis. Here are a few of the best (and only) pics I can find of the actual vehicle.

The crane.


The spare power pack on top. This is the only photo I have ever seen that shows the power pack clearly.


The rear end.


The rear end in action.


And here are the vehicles I created with a Merkava so you can see the start to finish. Green parts were made by me using green stuff putty. White parts are drywall putty. Off-white parts such as the power pack and hatch on top were cast and then parts made from Steel Putty from Walmart (see previous post in 2012 for info on those products). And silver parts are GHQ products. The hull is the Merkava MkIV and the crane and winches are from the AARV-7 Command/Engineer pack from the US line.












2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    The custom job looks great. You reallyhave awesome skills using green putty on GHQ stuff.

    Amazing man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty sir! I still have a long way to go and really should have modeled the spare power pack myself but I have little time right now because I am caring for a cat that is deathly ill. I think I'm going to need to make 3 more of these once I figure out where they belong. Not sure if they're part of battalion or brigade support and that will definitely unfluence how many I have to make. Since I am building my army at the individual scale instead of at platoon scale (1 tank = 1 tank instead of 1 tank = 1 platoon of tanks) I am modeling the 401 armor brigade one battalion at a time.

    ReplyDelete