10 November 2013

An End and a New Beginning

On 07 NOV 2013 my precious 9 month old kitten, Callisto, was euthanized to end her pain and suffering. She had been battling with an uncommon but 100% fatal disease called FIP since 21 OCT 2013. She was perfectly fine then all of a sudden she was swept into a downward spiral until on the morning of the 7th, after finding a puddle of bile, I realized that no amount of drugs were going to save her and that her organs were already shutting down. Rest in peace Callisto. You were the best thing that ever happened to me.

 
I've been caring for her around the clock for the last couple weeks which is why I havn't done any painting. I have begun working on my USS Montana though and she should be done by tonight or tomorrow. She's pretty close already so I'm thinking tonight (minus her base).

Apparently when I'm depressed I spend money. So I've got a whole fleet of WWII Regia Marina ships on the way. Because of this, I also made my very first purchase on Shapeways and bought a 1/2400 CV Bonfiglietti as seen here https://www.shapeways.com/model/489653/1-2400-it-cv-bonfiglietti-1932.html?materialId=61&li=ostatus. I got it in frosted ultra detail so I'm hoping it turns out crisp. The order has cleared processing/inspection and is now in production. I am eager to post up lots of pictures when I get her because there is a 1/2400 Lexington Class battlecruiser on there I have been eyeballing for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment