14 October 2013

Micronauts Test Base

I slapped some drywall putty down and got a test base finished. I need to research (look at pictures of ships for ten hours straight) more so I can get the wake and divergent waves just right. I have too many waves coming off the bow and they aren't angled properly. Not bad for the first one but I'm just not happy with it. Will throw this one away because I know the next one will be a lot better. Once I get my technique down I can start mass assembly lining them.

Finished base with a single gloss coat. Dark Prussian Blue base highlighted with Dark Blue and then drybrushed with white. I might experiment with some greens but we'll see how it goes. The Dark Prussian Blue is an absolutely rich and gorgeous color. This particular base was made specifically for an Atlanta Class cruiser.


An Atlanta Class Cruiser on the base.



Without flash.


What I really love about actually modeling the waves on is that when viewed from the side there is actual depth which obstructs parts of the hull making it really look like it is a ship in water.



I will take pictures during the creation of the next base as I go and post up a step by step tutorial for anyone that will find it useful. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment