21 June 2012

Panthers Remastered

I had sent off an email to Battlefront telling them about the issue with the Panther G tanks. This was the response I got.

I'm sorry to hear of your displeasure with your recent purchase. As of this morning, I have sent an email to our production staff to see if there is anything we can do on our end. As soon as I hear back from them, I will let you know what their response is. It is likely, if action is taken on our end, that it will take some time to see a resolution on this as it will probably involve remastering the hull of these kits.
It seems as though the issue here lies with how the tracks mount to the underside of the resin hull piece. Have you tried filing down the underside of the hull?

I wasn't about to be having any of that. When I buy a product I shouldn't have to grind it down just to get it together to fit properly. The point is moot anyway since my tracks are already glued on.

I've had a forum thread open about this issue on BF's site for a week and BF Evan has finally responded to the thread with this information.

Posted By Evan At Battlefront on 21 Jun 2012 04:32 PM
Hi guys, sorry to take so long to reply but I've been a bit distracted on a couple of other projects! I see whats going on and the Panther hulls have already been remastered to suit the new plastic tracks so the hulls here are the metal track orientated ones still coming through. The quickest way to get the right look with these hulls is to actually trim the backplate of the plastic tracks( don't try the resin hull..) with a sharp knife or sandpaper - I used a sharp knife and each track took me about a minute to carefully remove enough of the backplate. The Panther G hull is wedge shaped and narrows towards the front so the rail, the skirt hangs off, should be slightly wider at the front, after the tracks are on, and the skirts are glued on at the rear, back fill the gap at the front to complete the rail. Please let me know how you get on.

cheers,

Evan

So here is confirmation that the hulls have been remastered and once again I am being told to rip the PLASTIC tracks off and cut them up just to get them to fit. Interestingly enough, despite Evan saying that the tank is supposed to be wedge shaped, it is Thursday, update day, at BF and they have a quide to painting the camo on these. Their pictures contradict Evan.

Here is their Panther from the Panther G platoon web article. This vehicle is showing the skirt gap issue.


Now here is how the Panther is SUPPOSED TO LOOK, also from this same new painting article on their mage page.


Notice how the skirt mounting bracket is perfectly parallel to the tracks at all times? THIS is a Panther.

The new article on how to paint the camo scheme on these can be found at http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3329

No comments:

Post a Comment