28 June 2012

Front Page at Battlefront!

It's Thursday, update day, at Battlefront and I must say it is an amazing week for me! Product spotlights are out for a whole slew of new stuff in preparation for Devil's Charge. First up is something I have eagerly anticipated since March when I finally got into FoW. We get Konigstigers WITHOUT zimmerit and the world's first operational (Me-163 wasn't used in combat as far as I know) jet fighter, the to-this-day ultra sexy Me-262!





Next the Americans get a huge release of loving from BF. There's Chaffees and Calliopes and winter troops oh my! There's also this crazy thing I've never heard of called a Xylophone which is pretty much two Calliope rocket launchers mounted in a single truck! These sculpts are amazing!



Battlefront is also releasing apartment buildings now for those of you without the time, ability, or want to make your own terrain. I prefer to make my own terrain but the quality of these buildings are really making me want to just buy theirs.


For pictures of everything, head over to Battlefront's site at http://www.flamesofwar.com/ or to the product preview page at http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3344 to see all the glorious stuff going on.

Finally, a few posts ago right before my Panther G debacle started, I had made a post on this blog and on Battlefront's modeling forum about how I used the spare Jagdpanther plastic barrel from the Panther G boxed set to modify my Konigstiger barrel. This post has made the FRONT PAGE at Battlefront and is this week's modeling tip! It is an honor to be featured here and I hope to come up with more great stuff in the future. You can view my blog post here or view the original thread at http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=126&aff=9&aft=543772&afv=topic. Needless to say, I am elated by this. I followed up that thread with a few more pics of the conversion and am including them here for convenience and or posterity.





 
Thanks for the views!

**Coming Soon** Review of FOUR different kinds of epoxy putty you can get at Walmart for $4 or less per tube to create extra stowage and pictures of those finished Spetsnaz I promised (college biology class is whuppin my ass /sadface)

No comments:

Post a Comment