16 July 2012

Spetsnaz Unfinished

Nearing finals time and still preoccupied with several games and debates so I'm just going to post what I DO have done with the Spetsnaz so far.

Setup


Primed in flat khaki spray paint from Walmart.


Inked 2 parts brown 1 part black 1 part water.


Khaki Grey applied to raised parts of uniform.


Some details (but not all) such as guns, flesh and bags picked out.


Since these are my first 15mm figs I've gotten this far what I've learned so far is to pick these details out after priming but BEFORE inking. Because I inked so early I have to go back and ink the flesh and guns with the same ink tone anyway. I'm used to doing things in meticulous steps. Everything I paint is painted by hand. All thats left to do now is ink guns and flesh, pick the colors of those out again, give everything a single light hilight, paint the remaining gear and helmets, paint the amoeba pattern on which I think I'll do in a dark red, then base em and they're ready to go! It's just taking me so long due to distractions so I figured i'd offer up a little teaser. Hope you guys think they're coming along ok.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I couldn't find an email address for you so decided to leave a comment.

    I wanted to let you know about a competition we’re running for model makers and hobbyists on our site www.benchvent.com

    In a nutshell we’re asking model makers to send us a picture of their workshop/work area to be in with a chance of winning one of our Exagon Spray traps - http://www.benchvent.com/industrial/bv555-r-multi-positional-spray-trap

    They’re ideal for use in workshops and home model making areas because they’re designed to extract the maximum amount of potentially hazardous particulates and chemicals yet still remain portable; so to help create more awareness of the product we thought we’d give one away!

    In terms of how to enter, you just have to get a photo of your workspace to us. We’ll be printing off the entries we receive once the competition closes and then pulling a winner at random from a hat. (We think that makes it the fairest way!)

    Full details of the competition are here: http://www.benchvent.com/blog/show-us-your-workspace-and-win-an-exagon-r/

    Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

    Thanks,

    Scott.
    BenchVent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precise is a leading brand for Model makers and engineering model makers. With our innovative ideas, excellent artisans and specialized materials.

    ReplyDelete